WAFTA @ WAM in 2019 - Help! Where do I start?!
Would you love to have a go at Wearable Art Mandurah 2019? Just not sure where to start? Are you in need of a mentor or simply a guiding hand?
This is a fabulous opportunity for you to be guided through all the processes and challenges of creating and submitting a garment for 2019. Team up with friends or a small group and have a blast!
Several of last year's participants got through to pre-selection and on into the amazing Showcase event!
Topics covered will include:
- concept development
- material choices
- winning tips and techniques
- judging criteria
- pre-selection photography
- artist statements
- and most importantly mentoring and instruction
Louise Wells herself is an experienced, four-time finalist and has featured in WAM exhibitions since 2014, including winning the Showcase prize. You will be in the best hands!!
This could be the start of your journey to WOW in New Zealand... there are no limits!!
Eight full day workshops will run from 9.30am till 4pm on:
- September 16th, 30th
- October 13th
- November 4th, 17th
- December 9th, 2018
- January 20th
- February 9th, 2019.
Eligibility: You will have paid your Entry fee to Wearable Art Mandurah and are a paid member of WAFTA.
If you're not already a member join for $65 (metro) $55 (regional, concession and student) at www.wafta.com.au and gain access to this Mentorship Program and others all at our Early Bird and Member special rates.
- 8 workshop programme at $470 ($58.75/session). (Contact us if you wish to set up a payment plan)
- Materials and equipment to be supplied by participants.
- Photography session for application: Should you decide to use our appointed photographer there will be a small fee which is to be confirmed.